This recipe is easy to make and yields a delicious plate of french toast. It naturally makes 8 pieces of french toast, so be ready to share with family or friends! (You can also cut the recipe in half to make 4 pieces of french toast.)
Original recipe from Food Network’s Robert Irvine.
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk (lactose-free milk is okay too)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 slices brioche bread (challah or white bread is okay too)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup, warmed
- Small bowl
- 10-inch or 12-inch skillet (nonstick frying pan is okay too)
- Shallow container (i.e. bowl, tupperware, pie plate)
- 2 forks
- In a small bowl, combine cinnamon, nutmeg, and white sugar and set aside briefly.
- In a 10-inch or 12-inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Whisk together cinnamon mixture, eggs, milk, and vanilla. Pour into a shallow container.
- Dip bread flat-side down in egg mixture briefly and remove. Using a fork, scrap off excess egg mixture from bread.
- Fry bread slices until golden brown. Flip to cook the other side.
- Serve warm with syrup.